Sunday, July 11, 2010

Simplicity 3875 and our Last Sunday

Today is our last Sunday here! It's so bitter sweet for me. I didn't break down today at church, but almost. I wore my favorite dress, which I happened to also make from Simplicity 3875. I never posted about this dress, but I  actually made it over a year ago while we were at Chris' house. You can't find cute fabric like this here. It's all Hawaiian. I saw an "easy skirt" project through CraftZine forever ago with the same fabric.

I made Chris walk over to the temple today after church was over. This is the Laie, Hawaii Temple; it's close to the North Shore on Oahu. It's closed for rennovations right now but will be opening November 22, 2010. Unfortunatly it has been closed the whole time we've been in Hawaii married which is a shame because we can see the temple from out apartment- it's that close.
Do you recognize those shoes? I wore them at the wedding! Ha.

This pattern (like all my patterns) is out of print now but I really like it. Despite my rants about how Simplicity and other companies never make properly fitted patterns, I do like this one. I've actually made it three times now. On this dress I drafted a combintion of the front detailing of A, but with a set in sleeve like version D/C. I even helped my neighbor to make her first dress with version D. I love it because it's simple but you can really make it look cute. I'm sure all make it again.

No comments: