Saturday, June 25, 2011

Continuing Education

Guess what?
I'm taking some classes.
No, no, I'm not going back to college, I'm just doing some continuing education. It's through the San Diego Community College district. It's called SDCE. I'd say the majority of their classes are free. Some have a very low fee. You know what the best part is (besides being free)? They have sewing classes! Go figure. Take a look:


See that one on the bottom? "Swim Suit Construction"? Yup. I'm taking it. The instructor is top notch.
They have classes in other semesters, too. I'm working on a one piece right now. Hopefully it will be better than last  years swimsuit fail. I'm not drafting a pattern for this one. That was far too ambitious. I'm using a pattern. Should be done this week.

But. My point being: use your local educational resources. Did I mention these classes are free? Not just in San Diego.
Here's the link again in case you forgot: San Diego Continuing Education

No comments: