Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summer Sewing Goals

Okay, okay...I know it's is already the end of June (where does time go?) but I think there's plenty of time left to make some summer [sewing] goals.


1. Make   3  2 swimsuits(technically I've already made one which I'll post soon, but I don't know if it counts)

2. Sailor front shorts/pants/skirt (like these cute ones)- hopefully in time for July 4th! Is that this weekend already? I know July 4th doesn't necessarily mean sailor but lets me honest- the colors definitely meld. I used to have some sailor pants but who knows what happened to them (real ones made from wool, so itchy).
Here's a cute take on them:



source
But I think I'll try to make something more with a front like these
I'd also like to make a paper bag waist skirt, but we'll see what happens.....


3. Bow front bag. I have all kinds of random fabric laying around that are too small of pieces to use for clothes. (Up until this point I have been making mostly clothes, but I'm thinking I need to branch out). I have some white/black/ red striped fabric which I'll think I'll whip up soon. I stumbled upon this blog and I'm in love. So inspiring.


4. Use up some of my excess fabric before I move!

This one is uber important. I'm moving in less than three weeks. We'll be leaving Laie for San Diego. It's bitter sweet but I'll be glad to be back on the main land.


5. Finish projects from my refashion/free bin pile
Along with moving I have to use up my free bin pile. Whatever I don't get to is probably going back to the free bin.


Non Sewing related goals:

working out (of course...) but I want to be able to do at least one pull up by the end of the summer. I want to learn some tumbling when we get to SD and I need to work on my upper body strength. I'm getting there, and ....

reading: by the end of last summer I felt like I hadn't had too many good summer reads. So far I've read




Le Divorce by Diane Johnson, which I just found out was a movie! I'll have to netflix it



My Year of Meats by Ruth Ozeki


Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. I liked it but it made me sad....




Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. I don't read a lot of nonfiction but I definitely found this very interesting






and I'm almost finished with The Confederate General Rides North but Amanda C. Gable. I foudn this randomly in the library and apparently it just came out. So far I am enjoying it a lot. It makes me want to go to every Civil War historical site- which Chris would love.

My favorite genre of books however are memoirs. I especially enjoy Frank McCourt, David Sedaris, and Susan Jane Gillman



So I'll have to keep updating on my progress. Here we go!

No comments: