Wednesday, March 2, 2011

San Diego Thrift Store Review: The Beginning

If you don't already know, I moved to San Diego about 6 months ago and have since then been on the hunt for thrift stores. It's a way for me to get some gems and decorate my all-too barred house, while also learning this city better (the good, the bad, and the well..you know...)

I have been compiling a sort of cheat sheet based on my experiences at said thrift stores. This list probably won't be completely comprehensive, and it sure as sugar is going to biased towards my opinions and experiences there, but I hope that others will find it helpful. 

"Should I really trek all the way to Spring Valley just for Am Vets' and Veterans'?".... all will be revealed

I am resolved to skip over some of the bigger names (ahem, Goodwill and Salvation Army, ahem). I like a Mom and Pop thrift shop (RHYMING!)  as much as the next person, and I often find these bigger places to have higher prices and less quaint, quirky stuff- which just so happens to be the kind of stuff I like the best. Is it just me or are they the McDonald's of thrift shops?

My extremely subjective and completely biased views will be loosely based on the following criteria:


1. Overall finds, gems, and prices
2. Customer Service
3. Convenience of location, ease of parking and area of town

I'll leave you with these two teasers.



Look for the first review later this week!